Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Enough

Sometimes it feels like I have no time. And though I think about writing constantly, I am not always writing. And it's not that I have writer's block. I have four projects that I could be actively working on. I try to keep thoughts in my journal. Sometimes I need to know that it's o.k. That what I am accomplishing in very small increments is enough. That's when I turn to this poem by David Whyte.


Enough

Enough. These few words are enough.
If not these words, this breath.
If not this breath, this sitting here.

This opening to the life
we have refused
again and again
until now.
Until now.

-David Whyte, Where many rivers meet

Gina Gort

8 comments:

  1. Loved this. And I needed to hear it today. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina - just what I needed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. It's important for all of us to remember that we can't always get done in a day what we wish we could and that's okay. Sometimes others things take precedence and...it's just okay.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!
    Thanks Gina. Seems like a common theme. It would be interesting, or maybe scary, to see what the percentage is--- time spent in front of the keyboard/notepad/typewriter vs words actually appearing? or how often we sit to write and don't get a word down. Today, I'm determined to write, and I've already given myself permission to pat myself on the back even if all I end up with is one perfect sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and also what I needed to hear, today. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a daily battle for me, but without the other non-writing parts of my life, life would have no balance. But today is a must-write day. I am determined. Thanks, Gina.

    ReplyDelete