Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best & Worst Writing Excuses of 2011

Top 10 Best Excuses Not to Write in 2011

10. I have a doctor’s appointment.
9. I’m critiquing a ms. for a friend.
8. I’m taking a walk (good chance to reflect on story ideas).
7. I have to shop/wrap/decorate for Christmas.
6. I’m too distracted and can’t focus.
5. I’m reading a good book.
4. Lunch with my sibs.
3. Granddaughters’ dance recital.
2. Son’s wedding day.
And the Number 1 best excuse not to write in 2011: Hubby’s in the hospital.


Top 10 Worst Excuses Not to Write in 2011

10. I have a headache.
9. I need to wash my hair.
8. The floor needs mopped.
7. I’m too tired.
6. I need caffeine first.
5. I’m planning a funeral for the character I killed off.            
4. Blood sugar’s low, & I need to eat.
3. The dryer’s buzzing.
2. I have coupons that expire today.
And the Number 1 worst excuse not to write in 2011: Justin Bieber’s on The View.

Kathy Cannon Wiechman

4 comments:

  1. Interesting how most of the "best" excuses were about other people, and the "worst" were very internally focused. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to write. Have the time. Have the motivation. The ideas just won't work. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To farawayeyes: Tell yourself you don't have time to write & try really hard NOT to think of an idea. Concentrate on not thinking of one, & before you know it, you won't be able to stop them from popping into your head. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete