Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 Kidlit Progressive Poem for National Poetry Month


The Kidlit Progressive Poem is moving across the blogosphere with a new line added each day by a new writer. Irene Latham has organized a schedule and the poem runs April 1 to April 30 in honor of National Poetry Month. Today I add line 9. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than contributing to poetry.

Below you will find the poem and the schedule so you can follow along.

If you are reading this
you must be hungry
Kick off your silver slippers
Come sit with us a spell
 
A hanky, here, now dry your tears
And fill your glass with wine
Now, pour. The parchment has secrets
Smells of a Morrocan market spillout.
 
You have come to the right place, just breathe in.
 
 
Schedule
1  Irene at Live Your Poem 
2  Doraine at Dori Reads
3  Jeannine at View from a Window Seat
4  Robyn at Read, Write, Howl
5  Susan at Susan Taylor Brown
6  Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
7  Penny at A Penny and her Jots
8  Jone at Deo Writer
9  Gina at Swagger Writer's
10  Julie at The Drift Record
11  Kate at Book Aunt
12  Anastasia Suen at Booktalking
14  Diane at Random Noodling
16  Natalie at Wading Through Words 
17  Tara at A Teaching Life
18  Amy  at The Poem Farm
19  Lori at Habitual Rhymer
21  Myra at Gathering Books
22  Pat at Writer on a Horse
23  Miranda at Miranda Paul Books 
24  Linda at TeacherDance
25  Greg at Gotta Book
26  Renee at No Water River
27  Linda at Write Time
28  Caroline at Caroline by Line
29  Sheri at Sheri Doyle
30  Irene at Live Your Poem 

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gina! I smell saffron. I want to drink my spicy wine and listen to the secrets of thieves and romance chronicled in the parchment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, Happy Birthday to you! Thanks so much for your line, which is so very welcoming and comforting. Wishing you a wonderful day/year/everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Irene! And thank you for hosting such a great and fun project :)

      Delete
  3. The suspense is killing me! What parchment? What secrets? What "right place"?

    Nice to meet you, Gina, and thanks for adding more intrigue! (Happy bday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee. It is only day 9 I couldn't give anything away just yet :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! This line gives nothing away, again! I, like Renee, am wondering & wondering who & what will break through. Such a mystery that continues. Thanks for the beginnings of a new verse-hm-m-m!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Nice line! The right place....where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. You had a great line, too. I loved the secrets of the parchment.

      Delete
  6. I'm breathing in. For me the right place will always be where I find loved ones. Happy birthday to one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right place is wherever your heart is! Thanks, Kathy :)

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to you. I am breathing it all in. Great line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jone. I have been so enjoying this progressive poem!And I loved your sensory line :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to You...
    Happy birthday to YOU...
    HAPPPPPPY BIRRRRRRTHDAY Dear GINA,

    Big deep breathing in part now...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....

    just so you know I sung that out loud in my Opera voice AND! my doggies joined in...

    Happy Birthday gorgeous.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon! You made my day with your opera singing :)

      Delete
  9. Ahhhh, I'm breathing, I'm breathing. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Gina! Staring a year off with poetry is a very good start indeed. Wishing you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NICE! (I'll take the advice to keep breathing, too, if you don't mind...it's that kind of week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Lee! I am having a week like that too. Breathing is good :)

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday! What a great start to the next stanza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katya. Did you see today's line? This poem is really cooking now!

      Delete
  12. I am just catching up...and how perfect to invite the reader to breathe in. This is what we all need...always. Thank you, and happy late birthday too! a.

    ReplyDelete