Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Agony of Waiting

I am sure it is not the first time that a book’s release was postponed…but why did it have to happen to me, that is, why my book?! My editor informed me of the delay, and told me it was due to a problem with the presses, something about the colors running "hot" and they were trying to correct it.

Well, I guess these things happen, but I can’t help feeling like a girl who has been told that Santa had an accident and cannot deliver her presents for a while.

I have to be patient and tell myself that this delay will make my joy even greater, when finally I hold my first book in my hands. In the meantime, I keep busy preparing for the launch of my first born, named Dancing on Grapes.

Despite these setbacks, I am very excited that I gave my first reading of the yet-to-be-released picture book (author’s copy) at the Warner Library in Tarrytown, NY, and at Main Street Sweets (home-made ice cream parlor) in Tarrytown.

Later this fall, on Sunday, November 13, at 4:30 p.m., I am hosting a party at the Hudson Valley Writers’ Center, in Sleepy Hollow, NY, to celebrate the launching of the book.

All Swaggers are invited too. Hope to have more dates to share soon.

Graziella Pacini Buonanno

4 comments:

  1. Good things come to those who wait. And believe your book is so worth the wait. It is such a beautiful story and I can't wait to have my signed copy. I'll be there in spirit at the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Hang in there, Graziella! I know the waiting has to be tough, but it'll be worth it in the end. While you wait, focus on the novel & the time will slip by more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, I'm so glad that you were able to experience your first reading! Good for you! Your book will be in your hands before you know it and it will be perfect! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah! That would be agony, it's hard enough waiting for the actual publication date, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete